This is an other example of the excellent craftsmanship of sculptures made in Central Tibet during the 15th and 16th century. The founder of the Ngor monastery (1429) is depicted with a book in his left hand. He does the vitarka mudra with the other. His monastic robe is incised with scrolls of vegetation and a cloud motif. The double-lotus base has fat curly petals and two rows of small beading. His eyes are inlaid with silver and enhanced by joining eyebrows topped with a small raised urna.
Kunga Zangpo is portrayed here as a deified lama, holding lotuses topped with a vajra and a ghanta and doing the dharmacakra mudra with his hands. He wears the Sakya (pandita) hat and a patched robe.