Phagmo Drupa Dorje Gyalpo (1110-1170) is wrapped in monastic garments topped with a meditation cloak. Originally, his name was Dorje Gyalpo, until he founded a hermitage at a place called Phagmo Drupa in 1158. This sculpture was very likely made while he was alive.
On this later work he has a large moon-like face painted with cold gold and pigments in a very realistic manner, especially the eyes, which differs noticeably from the previous one.
On all three sculptures, his right hand is in the ‘calling Earth to witness’ gesture while the left hand is in the meditation one.